- 1. Personal Information Processing Policy
The personal information of the members is collected at the time of the establishment of each member's usage contract (member identification, opinions, etc.) in order to carry out services and inform members about new services and events.
Furthermore, the company may use members' personal information to provide convenient and varied services to members through advertisements and marketing sent through email, SMS (phone messaging) etc. Members may at any time refuse such emails and messages.
- 2. Articles Concerning the Collection of Personal Information
The company may collect personal information on the members through the website, message boards, telephone, fax and mail. The company will collect the smallest possible amount of personal information in order to provide quality service, and will request additional information if necessary. Members provide their personal information to the company on the registration page in the following categories.
- 3. Retention of Personal Information and Period of Usage
The company will retain members' personal information throughout the period of provision of services to members (Period of Usage) and any period of dispute settlement (Retention Period). After these actions have been completed and all goals for collection of personal information have been met, the company will immediately use a special technological process to permanently destroy all records of collected personal information.
Period of Usage
|Beginning on the day of registration for services until the day of termination of contract
||15 days following the termination of contract in order to prevent recurrence of illegal usage by disorderly members and to provide cross protection for the service
However, the following information may be preserved for a set period of time for any of the reasons stated below.
- 4. Process and Method of Destruction of Personal Information
After the collected information has served its purpose of providing customer service, it is moved to a separate database where it is saved for a period of time designated by internal policies and other related laws. After this period, information is destroyed through one of the various methods listed below. Any information moved to this separate database cannot be used for any purpose other than lawful retention.
Destruction of Personal Information
|Data to be
|Customer information that has completed the period of preservation according to legislation.
1) All written records of personal information will be either shredded or incinerated.
2) All electronic files recorded in the database will be permanently deleted through a special technological process.
- 5. Exercise of the Authority of Users and/or Legal Guardians
- ① Users may at any time access or revise their personal information. They may also request a termination of their membership.
- ② If a user wishes to access or edit his or her personal information, he or she can click on the "edit personal information" button under "personal information." If a user wishes to terminate his or her membership.(i.e. withdraw consent), he or she can click on the "membership withdrawal" button under "personal information." After going through the process of confirmation, the user can then read or edit his or her preferences, as well as terminate his or her membership.
- ③ This process can also be carried out by contacting the customer center through telephone or email.
- ④ In the event that a customer wishes to correct an error in their personal information, he or she will be unable to use or provide his or her personal information until it has been corrected. In the event that incorrect personal information has already been sent to a third party, the company will immediately send the corrected information to the third party as soon as possible.
- ⑤ The company will manage the cancelled or deleted personal information of users according to the "collection and storage usage period of personal information." In any other circumstances, the company will exert its best efforts to ensure that personal information cannot be accessed or used.
- 6. Articles Regarding the Refusal of Automatic Personal Information Collection Installation/Management
The company saves user information and often makes use of 'cookies' in order to provide specialized service to the users. Cookies send small amounts of information from the user's web browser and sometimes save them to PC hard disks. When the user accesses a website, the company's servers read the content collected in cookies embedded in the user's web browser, and through this collection of extra information, is able to provide service without the extra input of one's name.
- 7. Managing Steps and Technologies for the Protection of Personal Information
The company employs the following management strategies and technologies to protect the personal information of customers.
- - Security system involving passwords
- - Computer virus prevention methods involving vaccination programs
- - Encrypted firewalls for the safe transmission of personal information
- - Systems installed to block external invasion from hackers, etc
- - Employment of the smallest possible amount of personnel handling personal information
The company implements regular moral education regarding the protection of personal information, and regards the maintenance of security of members' accounts and protection of personal information to be of the utmost priority. The liability for the maintenance of the protection of one's account lies with each individual member. The company will not, under any circumstances, ever directly ask for the members' passwords. Thus, it is the personal responsibility of each member to keep his or her password from leaking into the hands of others.
- 8. Other Provisions of Usage to Third Parties (Sharing)
- - The company will not share the personal information provided by any user or member with any external third party without the member or user's permission. However, the company may do so in any of the following circumstances:
- ① The company has obtained permission from the user or member.
- ③ The user has brought about mental or material damage to another person through the services of the company, and there is substantial grounds for publicizing that user's personal information in order to take legal action.
- ④ Any other circumstances required by the law in good faith.
- ⑤ When providing non-specific, indistinguishable member information for statistics, academic or market research.
- - Furthermore, in any of these circumstances, the company may provide basic personal information gathered from the members (limited to name, email address, telephone number) to affiliated companies in order to provide more convenient service to the members. Members can at any time reject unwanted services through email.
- 9. Personnel in Charge of Management of Personal Information
The company designates the personnel in charge of the protection and management of personal information.
- - Responsible Personnel for Handling Personal Information: Jeon Jeong Cheol. Email address: email@example.com
- - Designated Personnel for Handling Personal Information: Jeon Jeong Cheol. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Inquiries about Personal Information: 82-31-589-0583
- 10. Complaints and Dispute Settlements regarding Personal Information
Users who wish to receive compensation for damages received through violation of personal information may contact the personnel in charge of personal information. Such users may also contact the branch of the Korea Information Security Agency, the Personal Information Violation Report Center (tel. (02)1336 or http://www.cyberprivacy.or.kr), to apply for mediation.
- Additional Clauses
(Date of Effect) These terms and conditions are effective from May 1st, 2018.